8 Reasons I'm Psyched About GO! Camp by Youth & Family Minister, Scott Bond
- It's a week about giving instead of getting. The entire focus of GO! is directing the mindsets of young people to move into action - to help, serve, and meet the needs of others. In an American culture of consume and squander, we need young people who aspire to lead as givers and servants.
- Students will be surrounded by forward-thinking world changers and innovative leaders. The list of speakers for sessions, lab experiments, and interviews is beyond impressive. Our young people will be stretched by the talents and passion of people making a difference in the world right now.
- Students will grow in their faith. In worship sessions, small discussion groups, and hands-on projects, teenagers get to spend time building a community of friends who love God, and want to make a difference by loving people. Cultivating Christ-minded students with humility, compassion, and love? I'm in.
- The core mission of this week reflects the core mission of our student ministry. Ultimately, we desire to send disciples of Jesus Christ into the world with the good news message and the good works mission. GO! teaches that good news has to be accompanied by good works. And that's what we're all about.
- Brad Montague is the director. I went to school with Brad and can honestly say there's nobody in the world like him. He's a creative thinker and doer. His ideas come from a big heart that loves God and loves people. You want your teenager to be around Christian men like him.
- Between Sunday and Friday, campers at GO! will pack and send over 100,000 meals to hungry and hurting people. The meals will go to a church partnered with Feed My Starving Children that provides meals to nearly 70 countries all over the world.
- Students will return to Spring Hill with a passion to make a difference in our local community. They'll be inspired and empowered to live like Christ, to shine as lights as they go to serve in our city.
- Gano. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner served in Gano Dining Room glory. Now that's something to get psyched about!
These are only eight, but you should take a look at the GO! Camp Vimeo page to see the rest of the jazllion reasons this is a special week!